Terms & Conditions
Recipient receives a one-time $5,000 scholarship (paid directly to university/college) and granted through the Burlington Foundation.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the SB Partners Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
a. Applicant must be a graduating high school student attending College/University full time in the year of his/her graduation.
b. Applicant must be intending to pursue an accounting (CPA), business or commerce degree/diploma.
d. Applicant must demonstrate evidence of volunteerism and good civic engagement in the last year prior to applying for the scholarship; and
e. Applicant is eligible to receive the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Application Process: Applicants may submit their applications online through the designated online application form and upload all necessary supporting documents/videos on or before the specified deadline date each year. All applications will be screened by our selection panel who reserves all rights to make final decisions on awarding scholarships based on the established criteria and procedures.
- Selection Criteria: A selection committee will review all applications according to predetermined criteria which includes but not limited to: academic achievement, community involvement and volunteer activities, personal qualities such as leadership, communication skills, unique talents, or special interests etc., completeness of application forms, financial need, and any hardship cases, as well as conformance with eligibility requirements set forth in these rules. The selection committee will then select a recipient based on these criteria and offer them a one-time $5,000 scholarship from SB Partners (paid directly to university/college). The decision made by the selection committee is final and no appeals can be made against it by applicants or their guardians/parents/sponsors after its announcement.
- Disbursement: The selected recipient will receive a one-time $5,000 scholarship paid directly to the university or college the student is enrolled. For the funds to be disbursed, the scholarship recipient must provide their full name, address, the name and program of the school they are attending and post-secondary student number
- General Requirements: All applicants agree to accept these terms and conditions including that their name and photograph may be used by SB Partners, Burlington Foundation and Dare to Be You Youth Charity for promotional purposes without payment or compensation being due either now or at any future time unless otherwise agreed upon in writing between both parties involved at that time as part of a separate contract agreement between them pertaining specifically thereto. In addition, all applicants also agree not to hold SB Partners, Dare to be You Youth Charity or the Burlington Foundation liable for any damages arising out of use of their name or photograph resulting from compliance with these rules.
- Termination / Modification / Waiver : SB Partners reserves absolute right to terminate, amend, modify or waive any part or portions of these rules at any time without providing notice thereof, including but not limited too extend deadline dates, modify application form content, revise selection criteria , revise disbursement schedules, change amount awarded per recipient etc., subject only to reasonable notice provisions being provided whenever practical under applicable laws.
- Important Dates :
January 30, 2024 – Scholarship open to applicants until 11:59PM April 30, 2024
May 12, 2024 – Scholarship winner selected
Week of May 15, 2024 – High school is contacted to confirm eligibility
June 2024 -Scholarship to be presented to the winner at their high school convocation by SB Partners & DTBY